Sunday, January 18, 2009

Open Thread - Things you want to do

Hey guys,
Something different today as I'm trying a subject different from pop culture :)

Over the next few years some things I'd love to experience (besides wedding, children, etc.):

3) 1000 Places to see before you die: A pretty good book and has a couple small landmarks you'd never think of on a trip. Trying to cross these items off your list would be a pretty good guide to one's travel

2) Route 66 - I've been up and down the East Coast and vacationed in California and the Caribbean, however I've never filled in the middle of the country. A good place for Americana and diners (I love the latter) and I've heard it is a good road trip

3) All ballparks in US and Canada - As much as I will live and die by a team playing today, my first love is baseball. I've wanted to take this road trip since I could drive and me and my dad have always gone to different ballparks (Yankee, Fenway, Camden Yards, the Old Baltimore ballpark, and the HoF) so it is a good throw back to my childhood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sadly our eagles are gone. oh well still a very good year...beating the giants is pretty much as good as it gets for me.

let's go cubs now.

franko1965 said...

Route 66 is a very unique drive. You have to start in Chicago and drive west, something about chasing the sun. I've had to take it in sections; drove from Chicago to St. Louis one year, St. Louis to Joplin another. Plan on finishing the trip this year...maybe. Good Book to own - Route 66 Traveler's Guide by Tom Snyder. Contains maps, turn-by-turn instructions, roadside attractions, and history of the Mother Road. Good Luck!

Jai said...

IF ONLY SOMETHING INTERESTING HAD JUST HAPPENED OVER AT PVP WE COULD BE TALKING ABOUT IT.

>:|

Blog Archive