So here is some crap that I can't claim to be worth reading. much less writing, but maybe if I get it out it will help.
I appreciate the Miyagi knock-off; I have a soft-spot for the original Karate Kid. But every single joke in this story has been recycled crap.
- The hi-larious formality of the WWF agent with his "It's a snub. Repeat. It's a snub." (Ha! It's like he's from the CIA! Heeeey -- he even dresses like he's from the CIA!)
- "Panda crack." Just to check on the freshness of this particular joke, let's go to the Google: "like crack for *" -- on the first page of results we have crack for babies, hippies, ears, geeks, kids and knitters. If the knitters are hip to a joke, I think we can safely say it has been around the block.
- "Panda porn." Oh my... pandas watch porn? Who knew? Oh wait -- everybody. The panda is only the most documented endangered species on the planet; we know they have famously low libidos, and we know they watch "porn". We've known since Fox News covered it in 2007, or when CNN covered it in 2006, or when BoingBoing talked about it in 2004!
- "The Panda Whisperer." Can jokes start jumping back from the other side of the shark? Maybe they can!
- "HA! Oh my god. You do dress like a panda." This is just plain ridiculous. Pandas don't wear clothes. (A little grammar joke there to break up the tension. Did it work?)
But, oh well. It's just too bad there hasn't been any other panda-related events from which fresh material could have been pulled.